Change

Monday, January 26, 2009

The past few months have been a time of major change for me. For a long time I had been falling away from God. I had gone through some hard times and was seriously starting to doubt his existence. The times when I chose not to listen to God are the times in my life I regret the most. Every time I have tried to get through things on my own, without God, I have fallen flat on my face. I felt like I had screwed up too much for God to take me back. A few months ago I started going to Revolution youth group at a church in my town. Honestly I sort of wandered in there on my own, curious. It really is one of the best decisions I have ever made. They started playing worship music and It really is awesome to sing praises to God aloud. There's a power in that. The first night I was there, we sand a song called You Never Let Go by Matt Redman. Its about how God will never leave us and never give up on us. It just really touched me, and I started crying. Yeah, I know Im a dork, crying on my first night in a new youth group in front of a buch of people I dont know. But back to the point. I realized that God never had left my side, through all of those hard times, and he was still there for me then. That night I rededicated myself to God, and I started going to church and to youth group all the time. Im reading my bible almost every day, and Im praying all the time. My life has done a complete 180 degree turn.
Martin Luther King Weekend the youth group went on a retreat. I didnt think I would be able to go, due to costs, but the wednesday before the retreat my youth pastor came up to me and told me that if I could get half the money, I could go. And I got half the money. I am so greatful I was able to go on the retreat, because It really brought me even closer to god. The holy spirit was all over that chapel. It was awesome. The worship was awesome, the speakers were awesome, and just being able to get together and pray together was awesome. I was baptized in the Holy spirit that weekend, and it really was the most incredible experience. There was no way that I could not believe in Him now. The theme of the weekend was Change. That no matter what you've done, no matter what you've gone through, God can change you. And in turn, god can use you to change the world. It really was awesome, and there was no way that I could have left that retreat without being changed, completely transformed.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is amazing kara! i dont know if you remember me, im that guy that helped with your locker freshmen year. its sean. that is really cool though, a similar sort of thing happened to me on escape where i was a teen staff, it wasnt as powerful as your experience sounds but it made me rethink my relationship with god and helped me come back to him, you should listen to the song "take my life and let it be" by chris tomlin.

Post a Comment

 
Rejoice!. Design by Pocket