Pride

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Recently I've realized that I have alot of pride, more than I should. I take pride in my grades, in my art, just in myself and in my awesomeness. (Just kidding about that last one) And while it is good to have good grades and to be good at art, I shouldnt think of these things as my own, and I shouldnt rely on these things to have self-worth. How I feel about myself shouldnt be related to my grades. My talents and my gifts come from God, not from myself. I've always wanted to become famous. Not Britney Spears Famous, Mother Theresa Famous. I wanted to become famous for doing good things. I wanted to go out and help alot of people, I wanted to build schools in Africa, make sure every child recieved an education, help the modern-day-slaves, and save the world (that last part might be an exxageration). I think part of me wanted people to know that I did these things. I knew that I recieve joy just by helping people, but think I also wanted people to know that I did it and think i was a great person.
While its great to want to do these things and help people, it should never be about my own glory. The only person who should ever recieve glory from anything I do is God. Everything I do should be about bringing God glory.
I've also realized that I have to be content with where I am now and where I'm supposed to be now. God is using me and working through me all the time, and he has a reason for everything. He is using me now and needs me to be where I am now.
That doesnt mean I shouldnt have goals or aspirations, just that I should focus on the present more.
So Im really going to try to focus on being Humble from now on.

Heres a good verse about humility:

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3

1 comments:

snort1992 said...

true true true.
by the way.
where did you get this layout?

Post a Comment

 
Rejoice!. Design by Pocket